FOSET – BARRACKPORE SUB-CENTRE
Forum of Scientists, Engineers, & Technologist (FOSET) – Barrackpore Sub- Centre was established in 1993 to propagate the aims & Objectives of Central FOSET ( to improve the living standard of poor and backward sections of the society through the application of Science & Technology and to make continuous effort for their self independence ) within Barrackpore Industrial belt.Keeping this in view, FOSET – Barrackpore Sub Centre Since Inception tried to under take various awareness programme/Projects as per local need . FOSET-Barrackpore is a very popular name in the industrial belt and they have a very high expectation level.
Major work undertaken by FOSET – Barrackpore Sub-Centre.
- Submitted to Barrackpore Municipality basic design of Street Light.
- Assisted Barrackpore Municipality for TOTAL COMPUTERISATION OF OFFICE ACTIVITY.
- Installed 115 nos of IMPROVED CHULLAHA within weaker section of the society.
- Proposal sent to Barrackpore Municipality for development of a BY-PASS Road connecting Talpukur B.T.Road and Kalyani Express Way via Barapole with approximate Road alignment and nikasi nala.
- Carried out Field Survey along Ichapur Khal to know the extent of pollution that the khal has undergone from solid/Municipal waste and other pollutants and status of the water way.
- Organised a convention on NATIONAL NEW ECONOMIC POLICY AND NEW INDUSTRIAL POLICY-EFFECT ON COMMON PEOPLE.
- Organised a Seminar on MUNICIPAL WASTE MANAGEMENT.
- Submitted to Mohanpur Geam Panchyat BEAUTIFICATION SCHEME OF SANTI SAROVAR, a Picknic spot including Layout and cost estimate.
- Completed SHELTER FOR SHELTERLESS PROJECT of Barrackpore Municipality, successfully. This is 16 nos self contained flats in 3 blocks using Low Cost Construction Technology.
- Carried out survey of 400 house holds of Mohanpur Gram Panchyat for ARSENIC SCREENING by FIELD KIT and prepared a Arsenic Map.
- Prepared a TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY REPORT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF CHANDANPUKUR MARKET and submitted to Barrackpore Municipality.
- Established a Water Testing Laboratory at our Office Premises as part of JOINT PLAN OF ACTION beween Govt. of West Bengal and UNICEF for ARSENIC MITIGATION PROGRAMME. UNICEF Provided financial support for all equipment, glassware, Chemicals and other operating expenses, while FOSET provided Laboratory space, Electcity and water connection.
- Organised a Workshop on ACADEMIC MEET jointly with Rastragure Surendra Nath College at College conference Hall.
- Organised a Workshop jointly with Barrackpore Municipality on
- Organised a Seminar on SUNAMI at Baroda villa.
- Organised a Seminar on the PROBLEM OF ARSENIC IN DRINKING WATER at Baroda Villa.
- Organised a Seminar on INDO – US NUCLARE TREATY AND INDIAN SOVERNITY at Barrackpore Municipality Hall.
- Organised a Workshop on SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT –
- Organised a Seminar on BARTAMAN PARISHTRITEA PASCHIMBANGEYR SHILILPAYAN at Sukanta Sadan.
- Assisted North 24 Parganas Zilla Parisad for DEVELOPMENT OF BARTIR BIL AND ICHAPUR KHAL’
- Preparation of 15 nos of DETAILED PROJECT REPORT FOR DRAINAGE SCHEME of 6 (Six) Nos of Gram Panchayat (Approximate 40 km long) under Barrackpore II Panchyat Samity..
- Organised a Seminar on WATER PRESERVATION AND ITS PROPER USE at Baroda Villa.